Students for Palestinian Rights (SFPR) is a non-profit human rights organization based at the University of Waterloo. SFPR does not officially endorse any Israeli or Palestinian political party, nor does it select between a one-state or two-state solution.
SFPR is committed to
- Educating University of Waterloo Students and residents of the Waterloo region about International law and how it pertains to the Israeli-Palestinian impasse
- Promoting the recognition of the Palestinian people as the indigenous people of Palestine and working in solidarity with other indigenous peoples, on and off campus, in a wider struggle for land, dignity, and rights.
- Advocating for the end of Israeli colonialism and all forms of imperialism that infringe upon the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination
- Combating all forms of oppression, racism, discrimination, misinformation and misrepresentation directed at Palestinians
- Promoting the Palestinian cause in Canadian political spheres
- Stressing that struggle of the Palestinian people is not a struggle against the Jewish people, but rather a struggle against the colonialist and imperialist policies of the Israeli government and the ideology upon which the state was formed.